Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Camping, zumba, and a little bump update

     We had a really fun weekend this past weekend.  Clint and I have both been blessed to have lots of great friends that we made in high school.  This past weekend, we went with several of Clint's high school friends and their wives to camp on the Tombigbee River in Pickensville, AL.  I know what yall are thinking...Why would a pregnant girl go camping?   Well lets just say we camped in style.  The West family RV and camper.  Basically, we stayed in the Ritz Carlton of camping situations.   Here is a picture of our setup.
On Friday night, we at dinner at a little restaurant close to the camp site and then got our "campsite" all set up.   We spent the rest of the evening just hanging out.  On a side note, I need to mention that one of the wives was a true trooper during the weekend.  Becky had her wisdom teeth taken out on Friday morning and then she and Jimmy drove from Atlanta to join us.  True dedication!   On Saturday, we had a yummy camp breakfast, spent the day on the boat, grilled hamburgers, made homemade ice cream, and cooked smore's.    Sunday, Stacie and Rob were kind enough to make Beignets for breakfast.   We hung out some more and then headed back to Columbus.  It sounds like all we did was eat, but I promise we really did get a lot of quality hangout time!  Thanks so much to Stacie and Rob for providing us with such a wonderful camping experience!
      Another activity that Dunkin and I have been enjoying is Zumba.   I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a fun workout.  I think that it is offered at most Y's.   It is a latin dance cardio workout.  I had started going right before I got pregnant, and the doctor says I can still go, so I do!    I just do it a little slower pace.  Anyways, if you ask me everyone should give it a try.  It is so fun!
     Finally, a little bump update.  The Butterbean is growing and growing.  Today, we got him some headphones so that he could listen to a little music.   He seems to enjoy his musical entertainment!  Tomorrow, we head back to the doctor.  We are going to have another ultrasound to make sure that Dunkin is growing just like he is supposed to for a little 25 week baby.  We like to think of it is a little perk of having a "high risk" pregnancy.  For your viewing pleasure, I have put a picture we took tonight of my belly.  I know there are some of you who have been wanting to see this picture!  We will update tomorrow with a new picture of Dunkin!

5 comments:

  1. Oh you are just the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love that bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! Look at your little bump! You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a trooper. I would never go camping or stay in an RV, pregnant or not.
    You will have to take my kids camping one day!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete