Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh baby, baby

You read it right...Clint and I are going to be parents.  We are super excited about our new little butterbean into the world in Oct!  We decided that the blog would be a great way to keep our family and friends informed and updated on all our baby news.  The first post on this blog is a video we sent my parents to tell them about our surprise.  The Butterbean (what we currently call the baby) has already proved to be a little person who likes adventure.  We actually got to see the baby and hear a heartbeat for the first time at 7wks after the Butterbean led us into a little scare.   Fortunately, it turned out to be no concern at all, but we were excited to get a sneak peak at the baby!  We got to see the baby again at 9wks.  This visit to the doctor was particularly exciting because our baby was moving.  It was so neat to see those cute little arms and legs moving.  Well, the newest adventure of the Butterbean began last week.  Clint and I took a trip last week to Las Vegas to see some shows, eat good food, and see the city.  We had a wonderful time and saw some great shows!  After flying home on Wed., I began to have some pain in my left leg.  It felt like I had hurt the back of my knee.   As the week went on, I started to feel like maybe I actually had muscle injury.   I treated my injury with ice, rest, and elevation for a few days, but it just did not seem to get better.  Finally, on Saturday morning, my sweet husband convinced me that I needed to go to the doctor.  We went to a doc in the box only to spend 2 hours and be sent to the ER.  Again, poor Clint had to convince his crazy wife that I did indeed need to go the ER.  Once at the ER, they did an ultrasound and confirmed that I did actually have a blood clot in the back of my knee.  Much to our surprise, this ailment requires quite the stay in the hospital followed by more time at home (5 days in the hospital and another week at home).   We are so lucky to have a wonderful doctor that also happened to be on call this weekend!    Dr. Lacey has been great informing us on what this actually means for both me and the baby.  The good news is that the baby is doing great and I am going to be fine.  The bad news is that I will have to take a shot 2x a day for the continuation of my pregnancy and even a little while after we have the baby.   Fortunately, the good news far outweighs the bad.  We are just excited that everyone is ok.   I am posting a few of the pictures we have of the Butterbean.  The first one were taken at 7wks and the second one at 9wks.  It is pretty cool to see how much the baby has grown!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for butterbean!! :) And welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! We love the Butterbean already, and of course, we love you! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete