Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 7, 2010

We might have to wait another day...

Dunkin, much like his mother, has decided that he will live life on his own schedule!  Apparently, he didn't really agree with the plans we had for his arrival.  So, we have stopped the Potosin for tonight.  It is still possible that I may continue in labor on my own overnight tonight.  Since they have stopped my medicine, I have actually had an increase in the intensity of my contractions.  I have been having good contractions all day, but the intensity of the contractions have not be that bad.  So, I have not really progressed that quickly.  Dr. Lacy feels confident that tomorrow will be much better.  She thinks my cervix will be more prepared for the medicine in the morning.  I guess Dunkin just wanted to be born on the 8th instead of the 7th!  We will update everyone tomorrow.  Hopefully, we will have a picture.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Doesn't Dunkin know that you like a schedule? I have never met anyone who can accomplish so much in one day. I guess having a baby just might take you two!
    We love you, Lala! We can't wait to see pics of baby D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in our prayers. Welcome to parenthood. You'll be on his schedule for the next 20 years. :)

    ReplyDelete